V Word Market is Canada’s first online Vegan Grocery store shipping nationwide - we offer unique vegan food products not found anywhere else, and serve customers through delivery across Canada and the US, including local delivery within the City of Toronto.
We are looking for a friendly multi-skilled, and preferably vegan, person, to help us with general duties at our grocery store.
Responsibilities can include:
- Packing orders, according to order sheets in time for pick up.
- Loading, unloading, and transferring product to designated areas.
- Maintaining a neat and orderly workplace at all times to include moving boxes, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris several times a week.
- Meeting, greeting, and signing for product deliveries.
- Aiding in preparations for the next day.
- Preparing mail out orders, including packing, weighing, and printing shipping labels (Using Canada Post's EST)
- Answering customer inquiries as needed.
- Doing regular rotating inventory.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Our hours of operation are between 8am-8pm Monday thru Friday, and 9am-12pm Saturday & Sunday. The position will be approximately 25 hours per week with the possibility of more hours in the future.
We are looking for someone that can work from:
- 9am-5pm on Mondays and Fridays, and
- 9am-12pm Tuesday thru Thursday.
We are in operation all year around (this is not a seasonal job).
We are located in the Oakwood-Vaughan Neighbourhood in Toronto.
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
- Able to lift and move 25kg boxes occasionally. However, our delivery boxes aren't usually much heavier than 10kg.
- Attention to detail and organized
- Some Customer Service Skills: nice, friendly, helpful.
- Comfortable with basic computer use, email, familiarity with Shopify and quickbooks is an asset.
Experience, Education, Training
- Interest in veganism and plant-based products.
- Previous grocery customer service experience is an asset but not necessary. We will train the right candidate.
Required: Toronto Public Health Food Handlers Certificate
What we offer
- $14 per hour to start, bumped up to $18.50 after 3 month probationary period.
- Discounts on groceries
- A friendly and supportive work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Do not call or message us about this on facebook! Email only please.
Application deadline is February 15th, 2016
We encourage applicants to explore our website and learn as much as possible about who we are and what we are about prior to submitting an application.
Applications must include a resume and cover letter with brief answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for the V Word Market?
- What makes you a great person for the job?
- What do you think is one of the most exciting vegan products that has come out in the last three years?
- What is one product that we’re missing from our store - why do you think it would be a good fit?
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hire Me – I'm Great” as the subject line.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please have the names and contact information of three (3) references available.
The V Word Market is an inclusive and equitable employer committed to a living wage and encourages applications from qualified applicants that reflect the diverse populations of Toronto, ON.